Any member of The University of Alabama community may come into contact with a distressed student. Being aware of distress signals, methods of intervention, and sources of help for the student can help you feel more in control of situations that may arise. The mental health professionals at the Counseling Center are available to faculty and staff for consultation regarding these issues.

Read the Helping the Distressed Student brochure online, or contact the Counseling Center for a copy at 205-348-3863.